Sunday, July 25, 2010

21 Months!

Those Lovely Locks
So this is a week or two late. I am only doing these type of updates until you hit 2. Then I am sure it will be a bit more infrequent.

Since you have moved into 21 months we have a few new things

- You are good with the water. Finally over the bath issues and are WILLINGLY swimming almost daily. I find that you are better at taking baths in the a.m. instead of the p.m. so we have moved toward that schedule instead. Whatever works.

- Eating isn't a big thing for you. You still aren't a huge eater. You love all berries and fruit and munch on crackers. I can also get you to eat some nuts and peanut butter.

- You love to go on walks. We do this about 2x a day. I think the dogs have talked you into this as they get more walks now.

- You are a helpful little guy now and take out the trash with daddy. You open up the door and help him with this chore. He is training you early.

- You are putting together all sorts of words. You now have possessive down "Daddy's Car" "Mama's water" and such.

- When you get hurt you ask me to kiss it. You also say "excuse me" on a regular basis in the correct context and "sorry" if you hurt me / bump into me.

- You still sign when you get really excited or mean something. Example " More cookies!" or "Milky Milk!" and "Play!" also some words like "crying" and "help" it is interesting to me what words you say and what you sign/say still.

- Tonight you asked me "pee pee potty" I put you on the pot clothed. You said "Diaper off" I was impressed. Then you put your hand in your pee. I wasn't impressed anymore.

- You are obsessed with STINKY. You sniff everything and tell me what you think is stinky. (ninky... is how you say it) Your Dee-Tee is always stinky and you want a new one after every nap. Ugh that is adding up to a lot of laundry.

- I am obsessed with your hair. You have better hair than I do by far and I am envious. I am living through your golden locks. you have shine, body and a slight curl. Seriously envious. I haven't cut it in a LOOONG time and don't plan on it anytime soon. Daddy was telling me you were having a hard time seeing. I then took to slicking it to the side with a bit of product. It helps and keeps us both happy.


Curiously taking your temperature

0 comments: